|Load Tendering Protocol
The following procedures, if correctly performed, will reduce if not totally eliminate errors in your supply chain distribution logistics. This step-by-step procedure will ensure that your freight is picked up, transported, and delivered in the most safe and cost effective manner :
1. Fax or email your dispatch sheet or Bill of Lading (BOL) to MV Logistics. This document at minimum must contain:
• Consignee name, address, and contact person (w/ phone and fax number as well as email address)
• Description and Quantity of shipment (size, weight, level of sensitivity, and value)
• Pick-up and Delivery date and time
• Special requirements, such as lumper service, pallet jacks, tarps…etc
• Hazardous Material status
2. MV Logistics will prepare a secondary BOL, based on the information you provided on the original BOL. Both BOLs (primary and secondary) will be faxed to the carrier.
3. Upon arrival for loading the carrier will have in his/her possession two BOLs representing the shipment. Once the freight is loaded both BOLs will be signed by the loader signifying that the freight was offered for transportation in a sound and safe manner and that the item count was correctly stated on the BOLs.
4. The carrier, in the presences of the loader, will close, lock, and seal the doors (van loads) or compartment covers (bulk loads) and list the seal numbers on the BOLs.
5. The driver at this time will report back to his/her dispatcher that the freight has been received and is in transit.
6. Upon arrival at the consignee’s facility and prior to offloading the driver will contact his/her dispatcher. Once the transportation unit is secured for offloading, per directions of the consignee, the driver will perform an item count as well as thoroughly inspect shipment for in transit freight damage. OS&Ds (overage, shortages, and damages) will immediately be reported to the dispatcher.
7. The BOLs will be signed by the consignee indicating that the shipment was received in a sound and safe condition.
8. The driver will contact his/her dispatcher acknowledging POD status.
9. The carrier will contact MV Logistics advising of the delivery status
10. MV Logistics will copy and file (for future reference) all documents and forward the originals to the shipper accompanied by the invoice.
Please do not hesitate in contacting MV Logistics if you have any questions and/or concerns regarding this procedure.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation,
|Shippers’ Payment Terms and Agreements
To ensure that the financial relationship between the shipper and MV Logistics is deemed equitable and fair the terms and agreements captured in this document will be the agreed upon method in which payments, discounts, reimbursements, and accessorial charges will be administered.
All freight invoices are due (in full) upon receipt with or without a signed Proof of Delivery (POD). A monetary incentive based reimbursement / penalty process (captured below) will apply to all open invoice values, based on the date in which payment (in full) is received.
Factor of Invoice Value Payment Received
2.5% > 28 + Days
2.0% > 25-27 Days
1.5% > 22-24 Days
1.0% > 19-21 Days
0.5% > 16-18 Days
0.0% > 13-15 Days
-0.5% > 10-12 Days
-1.0% > 8-9 Days
-1.5% > 5-7 Days
-2.0% > 3-5 Days
-2.5% > 0-2 Days
Robert A. Downing